In this day & age, people have taken to using their own two feet as a vehicle for adventure. It just so happens that Washington County, Texas offers the perfect combination of family fun & accessibility. This picturesque area of the Texas Hill Country puts family first and aims to create an unforgettable experience for everyone.
Put a few ticks on the pedometer with these five activities, and enjoy a weekend full of family fun:
1. Blue Bell Ice Cream in Brenham, TX – Anyone who has grown up in Texas knows that a hot summer afternoon is not complete without the perfect taste of this Texas classic. Visit the Blue Bell Country Store and get a big scoop of ice cream in their parlors, and then explore Brenham.
2. Horseshoe Junction – Offering arcade games, go-cart track racing, and miniature golf, Horseshoe Junction has something for all members of the family. It is located between Austin & Houston, thereby allowing you the chance to take a trip to a metropolitan area and still have a quick jaunt out to the park.
3. Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Park in Brenham, TX – Visitors are given the chance to see what Texas was like before it became a state. It’s located on the Brazos River and not only gives visitors breathtaking views of Texas, but provides them with a look at the birth of the Lone Star State.
4. Silver Wings Ballroom in Brenham, Texas – Roller skating rules! This blast from the past is still as exciting as ever. The ballroom host special events (i.e., family reunions), and even caters to performing bands.
5. Texas Cotton Gin Museum in Burton Texas, home of the oldest operating cotton gin in America. The Burton Farmers Gin is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and designated a Texas Historic Landmark. Visitors can pick cotton and see cotton ginned & baled.
Get to stepping in Washington County, Texas, and let your feet do the talking when it comes to a great time! For more of what Washington County, Texas has to offer, click here today.